Thursday 31 May 2007

What will she be doing in Mt Hagen?


The question as to what I will actually be doing while I'm in PNG has arisen a few times so here it is.

I'll be based at the Church of the Nazarene Bible and Teacher Training College (let's hope they can cope with a heathen). The library is small and the staff are not library trained. My job will be to provide training and to develop training manuals and also to advise on IT solutions for managing the collection.
I'll be living in at the college which is couple of kms from town. What the accommodation is like and how often I'll get to go into town I'm yet to find out.
Mt Hagen is in the middle of coffee plantations so I'd better be able to get decent coffee. It's a large town of 40,000 people and from all accounts has a touch of the wild west about it.....(I've just watched season 3 of Deadwood so I'm up with the lingo and the social mores!)

1 comment:

Girlwithshoes said...

Hey hey, didn't get your email as was away last. Wanted to wish you well and hope you have an educational, if not fun, time. Don't worry about being converted - you should convert them to the Karyn way of life.
Cheers W.