Tuesday 5 June 2007

I'm off!!!

This will be my last post until I reach PNG and get settled into my accommodation and my job. If you don't here from me again its because I can't get onto a computer!

The travel advisory has been upgraded to "Reconsider travel arrangements of you are going to the Highlands", so that that should make for interesting times! (Its election time and the tribal groups get a bit angry with each other.)

I'm a bit anxious today but that's just because I want to just get there. I've packed a couple of times trying to decide what I can leave behind. I'm only taking 3 pairs of shoes and some thongs......possibly some kind of record for me as I've been known to take 4 pairs of shoes for an overnight trip!!

So lukim yu bihain (that's pidgin for see you later) until I'm in PNG.

4 comments:

Moderator said...

Hi Karyn

Did you manage to smuggle in any grog???? If not, we'll have one for you, or two, or three...
Glad to hear you're now in PNG. How excitement!

Oops.. I deleted my blog!! said...

Don't worry I've already volunteered to be on the BKB COG!!!! (Bring Karyn Back)!!!!!!!
It might take a few months but we will get you back!
Take Care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karyn

Hope you've found all to be up to your usual standards... air-con, soft comfy bed, nightclubs, shoe shops galore, good lunch venues... oh yeah, and a good local pub!!

LOL

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how Karyn is going? I'm really interested to hear news of how she is and etc.

Merarth