Sunday 27 May 2007

Countdown to PNG

It's now only 10 days until I leave on 6 June. I think I have just about everything organised but I'm sure to forget something!!!!

I've been talking to a lot of people about PNG, its amazing when you mention it the number of people who have been there and also been there in a voluntary capacity.
The biggest thing I'm worrying about now is safety as the one thing that everyone tells me is to be careful and never go out on my own or at night. I suppose its just like any big city you just need to be aware of the conditions and act accordingly.

The other thing is the unknown, I have absolutelty no idea of my accomodation and you know me, 3 stars is roughing it!! I just hope its not too bad and there is a toilet close by!

But, this is all part of the journey, to get outside of my comfort zone and experience a different culture. I'm sure it will be fabulous. At the end of the day its only 8 weeks!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will find it character building!
Mer

limebeaver said...

worst blog ever!