Sunday 5 August 2007

Farewell PNG - Last Post

So, after 60 days, 30 books, 55 alcohol free days (if I'm meant to have one AFD a week then I've saved up a years worth), 55 make-up free days (and you thought I couldn't go without my red lippy), I'm home.

In typical PNG fashion the plane from Mt Hagen to Port Morseby was over an hour late and had been downgraded to a Dash 8......with propellers!! I had dinner in Port Morseby with friends of Judy's so it was a nice farewell to PNG.

It's been an interesting and worthwhile experience and I've met some wonderful people and made some new friends. PNG has a lot to do and I hope that they can get their act together because its a beautiful country.

My photos have finally been uploaded so you can now see where I've been and what I've been doing!!! Click on the link www.flickr.com/photos/karyns

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

Have loved your blog. It's been great to keep up with what you've been doing.

Does your experience mean that BCC's libraries will now 'go back to basics'??? :-)

Mr X said...

I couldnt go 55 days without booze, probaly not 55 seconds. Maybe the library can have beers that you can hire and bring back in 3 weeks for a refill?

Ross said...

I just read the article you wrote in the October inCite. In January 2005 I spent 3 weeks as a library volunteer in the Philippines. This was one of the best life experiences I've had, but also one of the most challenging.

LibraryDoggies said...

Nothing here since this date??? Where have you been?